Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help restoring 5TB backup over multiple media servers.

2006-06-15 06:41:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help restoring 5TB backup over multiple media servers.
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 06:41:27 -0400 (EDT)
I did what I said on the master and it increased my streams from 5-6 to 15
of 28 streams.

My next question is, is the FAILOVER_MEDIA_SERVER, for instance.

Say I have a backup:

HOST=BOX1

BOX1 was backed up on mediaServA.

Say mediaServA is busy, will the
FAILOVER_MEDIA_SERVER = mediaServA mediaServB

Make any restores that were destined for the busy mediaServA go to
mediaServB which has tape drives not in use?

Thanks,

Justin.