Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fwd: NetBackup 5.1/Old Robot

2006-06-13 12:16:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fwd: NetBackup 5.1/Old Robot
From: keith at cydonia.net (Keith W)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:16:20 -0700 (PDT)
The tapes are indeed the proper media.
And the robot and drive respond perfectly to the robtest in
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin.
The robot and drive are seen and I can get an inventory report etc from within
NBU.

Within Netbackup, I never get as far as being able to load a tape into the
drive. The arm never even moves. It just dies with the error #96 as soon as I do
a manual backup. I can't help but think that I either haven't configured the
media server properly or that I've not setup the volume pool properly.
Is there a step by step way for doing this? I've followed the wizard and get
no errors.

Any other recommendations?

+       Keith           +