Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can Netbackup work on a DHCP network

2006-06-12 15:54:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can Netbackup work on a DHCP network
From: cmathews at cavern.uark.edu (Carl Mathews)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:54:46 -0500 (CDT)
 Our networks are changing from static IP to DHCP. DHCP
prevents netbackup from using reverse lookup. I have found in the NB_5.1
Admin2 Manual that a registry edit was needed on the client. On the server
the dynamic client entry was added using the bpclient command. The DHCP
Announce Interval for the client was enabled using the Admin Console
Network Client Properties. The client is Windows 2003 and the server is
Solaris 9. Both machines have NB_5.1 MP4. Server initiated backups work
and the server can restore. The client cannot see it's backups with the
GUI - gets a socket time out error. The client also cannot initiate a user
backup.  Will Netbackup work on a DHCP network?
Thanks
Carl Mathews