Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] jnbSA with x forwarding

2006-06-09 15:21:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] jnbSA with x forwarding
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:21:00 -0500
* Shawn Guillemette <sguillemette at metrocastcablevision.com> [2006-06-09
12:32]:
> I have a colleague that uses Fedora Core3 as a workstation and is
> attempting to run the Java Admin Console with X forwarding. I have
> tested the process on 2 other workstations using the X forwarding and
> it works great. These other workstation are running Fedora Core5 and
> the other is running solaris10
>
> My colleague is using Java version  1.5.0_07 and the log out put is
> pasted below. If anyone would be able to pint me in a direction it
> would be greatly appreciated.

Without solving the problem, you could brute force your way around it by
using VNC instead.  That could be tunneled over ssh for better security
as well.

That notwithstanding, the error sounds like a problem with the
fontserver on the client.

You may also want to think about NOT running jnbSA from the master
server. It's a pig and many instances of it running at the same time can
have very bad performance results on the master server.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com