Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tapes in Media Server Pool need to remove to scratch

2006-06-07 11:29:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tapes in Media Server Pool need to remove to scratch
From: mambrose at qualcomm.com (Ambrose, Monte)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 08:29:33 -0700
Simon

Yes, vmquery -deassignempty ...  I just did this for several tapes.
However ...

The bpexpdate command which NetBackup runs to cleanup will not work if
the tape is not in both the volDB and mediaDB.  Your problem will be
that any other tape that should expire in the future will not be removed
from the volDB because there is no associated mediaDB entry.  If you
backed up the mediaDBs you could restore them back to your new media
servers that you configured and you should be set.  If you do not have
the mediaDB entries you could have VERITAS support run the NBCC facility
and they can rebuild your mediaDB entries.

Monte