Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive Cleaning, your opinion

2006-06-07 04:06:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive Cleaning, your opinion
From: Eric.Ljungblad at CopleyPress.com (Eric Ljungblad)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 01:06:26 -0700
I have switched from using tpclean frequency cleaning on a DLT7000 robot to
tapealert automatic
robot drive cleaning on a new Overland LTO3 robot currently with 114 slots and
3 drives.

The media slots on the robot were reserve red for 2 cleaning tapes, it cleans
fine, and can force clean
by the drive options or moving cleaning tapes to drives via robtest, have not
tried tpclean as the tapes are
in the none media pool. The mount counts do not change?

Question:  How do I know when the mounts reach there limits and to when replace
the tapes?
In veritas the mount counts do not change? The last time the drives were
cleaned indicates well in
last time drive cleaned.  Will the robot eject the tapes and refuse to use them
when done?
The Overland documents do not indicate anything other than how to configure
tape alert without setting
a max mounts?

Thanks
Eric