Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Drive Cleaning

2006-06-05 13:45:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Drive Cleaning
From: Garrett.Covington at trizetto.com (Covington, Garrett)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:45:07 -0600
I need help setting up automatic tape drive cleaning with our ADIC i2000
tape robot and LT02 drives. As of now, we use robtest to manually put the
cleaning tapes into the drives for cleaning. We do this at least once every
two weeks.

I would like to setup veritas so that it cleans the drives automatically. We
already have the barcode rules in place for veritas to know about the
cleaning cartridges, but basically I am looking for help using tpclean.

Does anyone use 'tpclean' for this, is there some better way? What frequency
do you have it set to clean on? Typically, how many cleanings can LT02
cleaning tapes run before needing to be disposed of?

Thanks,

Garrett Covington

The TriZetto Group, Inc.

Garrett.Covington at TriZetto.com <mailto:Garrett.Covington at TriZetto.com>

p: 3032046695 at vtext.com <mailto:3032046695 at vtext.com>

w: 303-323-6886

c: 303-204-6695