Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU6 and Windows remote installation

2006-06-01 23:19:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU6 and Windows remote installation
From: Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Tim)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:19:25 +1000
There weren't any obvious persistent connections but I've found it works
much better if you use one account for everything.
I've figured out that the deploy remotely I needed to be logged onto the
Netbackup server using the same credentials that I was going to use for
the Netbackup remote installation process.  This may seem obvious (and
was an obvious step in troubleshooting) but Omniback used to allow you
to be logged on the cell manager with one account and specify another
account for the client push.
I've also found that the Master/Media server needs to be rebooted after
the remote client installation before you can remotely install MP2 (it
may be possible to stop/start some services to have the same effect but
a reboot worked a treat).

Cheers,

Tim