Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU6 and Windows remote installation

2006-05-30 18:54:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU6 and Windows remote installation
From: Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Tim)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 08:54:45 +1000
I've been testing to see if it's possible to deploy multiple clients
remotely from the same session but it's not looking good. I've come
across some strange issues with authentication on the remote clients.
In my test environment, I've got a Windows 2003 box and a Windows 2000
box. Both have exactly the same local admin password and both have the
exact same domain accounts as local admins. However, when I go through
the remote deployment and am prompted for the account to use to install
on the remote system, I'm told that I'm connected with an account other
than the one I use, despite having just rebooted both servers and not
having connected to either of them.
Sometimes the account I want to use works and sometimes it doesn't and
although it may not be random, it seems to be quite random at times.
Ideally I'd like to do it this way, because it's obviously alot more
convenient to roll-out more than one client at a time; has anyone had a
play with this and what's been the general conclusion?

Cheers,

        Tim Wilkinson
        I.T. Support Officer
        Science Corporate Information Systems
        Defence Science & Technology Organisation
        Department of Defence

        Tel: (02) 96921484
        Fax: (02) 96921562
        Email: tim.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au