Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO question

2006-05-30 15:27:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO question
From: spe08 at co.henrico.va.us (Spearman, David)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 15:27:02 -0400
Paul, we do use SSO, with one master and one media server, but we also
throw ndmp in the mix. We do indeed limit the total count of our master
and media servers to the drives actually available, 4 drives on the
master and 6 on the media server. However, since the two servers can see
all 10 drives they just choose whichever drive is available. As long as
the policies are set to use "any available server" then the jobs will go
to whichever one can grab a drive. If all the drives are busy the jobs
go into the queue. Our point to doing it this way was to split the load
over two separate gig-e pipes to the fiber where the the drives live in
such a way that NBU took care of the details of how the data gets there.
With NDMP we have it set to use paths available only on the master
server, that's just to keep it from confusing the hell out of me. (Since
we use 6mp2 ndmp allows us to use SSO)

David Spearman
County of Henrico,Va.