Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclude lists

2006-05-23 12:36:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclude lists
From: Mark.Donaldson at cexp.com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:36:56 -0600
Even if the paths are in your exclude list, they're scanned by
Netbackup.  If it's the "millions of small files" problem, then you'll
spend a lot of time doing this.

If I see an error 41, though, I start looking for connection issues.
Hostname lookups, network problems, forward/reverse issues, etc.

There's an in-depth troubleshooting guide for error 41's here:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278422

-M