Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 'Frequency' schedule type--let's get it r ight

2006-05-21 22:31:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 'Frequency' schedule type--let's get it r ight
From: Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Tim)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:01:30 +0930
Aha - little did I know I'd be opening up a can of proverbial worms. It
seems that at the very least Symantec/VERITAS need to update the
documentation; to me it implies that it is the end of the backup job,
although it doesn't explicitly say this.
I too took the Admin class but can't remember what was said but the
course manual does say:
"Frequency
Select the frequency radio button to enable administrators to specify
how much time must elapse between the successful completion of a
scheduled task and the next attempt at the task"

For me the word 'completion' is what implies that it's at the end; if
this is wrong or misleading then it needs to be changed.

Cheers,

Tim