Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Retention Period Question

2006-05-17 10:12:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Retention Period Question
From: GreenbergKA AT aetna DOT com (Greenberg, Katherine A)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:12:30 -0400
I wasn't referring to vaulting tapes. I was referring to the primary
copy. We duplicate everything, this checks the images for integrity, as
well as providing another copy of the tape.

I've had to recover things for legal reasons in excess of 2 years old...
which gets really fun if the system name has changed or the O/S or
whatever.

But, as to day-to-day restores, I've never really had to recover
anything more than a few days old.