Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BMR Boot Error

2006-05-16 22:36:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BMR Boot Error
From: ray_schafer AT symantec DOT com (Ray Schafer)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:36:30 -0700
Sorry Jason, I just saw this (catching up on e-mail).

Did you get past this?  It sounds like you might have been trying to add
a SCSI driver when you build the floppy.  If you did, don't do that!  It
is almost never needed.  Most mass storage adapters these days allow DOS
to see the disk without a driver.  DOS can use interrupts to read and
write to the disk directly through the adapter firmware.  Once it gets
into Windows it will need a driver - which is supplied in the BMR
config.