Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN backups

2006-05-16 08:39:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN backups
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:39:34 +0100
Just to add to this, the 2 SAN Media Server are backing up Windows Servers
and a HUGE variety of file sizes, large, small, all compressed data too
(compressed on the disk).

Compared to our old backup window of 45 hours, this is better, but amazed
your getting that speed over LAN, unless the files are large in size (DB
size perhaps)

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-eads DOT net