Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mix of shared and unshared drives

2006-05-12 02:24:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mix of shared and unshared drives
From: dean.deano AT gmail DOT com (Dean)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:24:21 +0800
------=_Part_19957_3101319.1147415061868

Hi veritas-boo

If I have 1 unshared tape drive configured to a media server, and several
SSO shared drives, and my storage unit has max drives =3D 2, will the media
server always select the unshared drive first? Or put another way, would it
be likely to allocate 2 shared drives, leaving the dedicated drive idle?

Obscure question, I know.

I'm particularly interested in NBU 6.0, but any insight about earlier
versions would be helpful.

Thanks
Dean

------=_Part_19957_3101319.1147415061868

ral SSO shared drives, and my storage unit has max drives =3D 2, will the m=
edia server always select the unshared drive first? Or put another way, wou=
ld it be likely to allocate 2 shared drives, leaving the dedicated drive id=
le?
versions would be helpful.</div>

------=_Part_19957_3101319.1147415061868--