Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Symantec and Linux support

2006-05-10 16:27:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Symantec and Linux support
From: JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:27:41 -0400
All doom and gloom in the Linux camp today!  Take heart my fellow
hoohum'in Penguins!

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise
_Server/278064.pdf

Comment #98- Next major release following NetBackup 6.0 will not support
this OS version. This status could change if market and/or vendor
support positions change.

Talk about CYA!  That's only next to the 64Bit and Older versions of
RedHat and SLES.  The newer versions (Redhat 4 / SLES9) have no such
comment for 32bit, although the 64bit is a bit disconcerting. =/

I personally am hoping to upgrade to Redhat Media Servers when we
upgrade to 6!

Keep the faith!  (Whatever small amount there may be left!)

-J