Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Way to find a tape?

2006-05-08 08:52:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Way to find a tape?
From: ssesar AT mitre DOT org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 08:52:12 -0400
Not sure what version/platform you're running - I just ran this command
successfully on my master server, which is running Solaris 8, NBU 5.1 MP4.

Oh wait - you ran bpmedialist, not bpimagelist. Just cut and paste the
command that I sent you, it'll work! :)

--Steve

Justin Piszcz wrote:

> bpmedialist: unrecognized option -A
>

> On 5/8/06, Steven L. Sesar <ssesar AT mitre DOT org> wrote:
>
>> On your master server, run the following:
>>
>> bpimagelist -A -media -hoursago 24 |grep -i AB1234
>>
>> --Steve
>>
>> Justin Piszcz wrote:
>>
>> > I want to find out what media server last mounted tape AB1234, what is
>> > the best way to do this?
>> >
>> > I have several media servers in different geographical areas and I
>> > need to know which last mounted the tape in order to locate it.

===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - KS101
   Bedford, MA 01730