Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing client name - Not appearing in client host list

2006-05-04 14:03:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing client name - Not appearing in client host list
From: wts AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 14:03:59 -0400
The client names in your "GUI client host list" are those client names
that are a part of at least one policy.

On the client, the NetBackup client name is part of the client
properties.  It sounds like your "someone" changed this name.

If you are looking for recommendations, I'll suggest you (if you can't
"make them" revert to the old name) drop the old name and add the new
name at the master server "Client Attributes" and any Policy involved.
(Note that you then have a new client for the purposes of backup and
restore.  The old data is still stored in the master catalog, but won't
be viewable from the "new" client).

cheers, wayne