Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery Software Planning for Win2k3

2006-04-29 13:45:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery Software Planning for Win2k3
From: bob944 AT attglobal DOT net (bob944)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:45:25 -0400
> I wanted to use the "collect disaster recovery" info, but as
> I do not have a key, I cannot use it!
> [...]
> Once the Server is up, its a case of restoring the Data via
> NBU - which works. But I would like to review the possibility
> of a faster solution.

Buy the BMR option.

> [...]
> With my old NBU 3.4 I must have had a license to do a BMR,
> because I created either a CD/floppy disk that was inserted
> into the server, connected to the Master Server and restored
> the data. It worked, but took time...

IDR

>From the NetBackukp 5.1 Release Notes:

2. With the next major release of NetBackup, VERITAS will replace
Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) with the Bare Metal Restore
(BMR) product. The BMR option offers an automated system recovery
that is best suited for NetBackup. Therefore, VERITAS will drop
support for IDR in stages making sure to not alienate any back-level
IDR clients still in need of our support. The following list
provides more information on the level of support that will be
available.

o  VERITAS will drop support for the IDR client in the next major
release of NetBackup.
o  The IDR Server sill ship with the next major release of NetBackup to
support back-level IDR clients.
o  VERITAS is projecting that the IDR Server will be decommissioned in
two major releases from NetBackup 5.1.