Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: [Veritas-bu]Status 71...was: Volume Pools [recommendations please]

2006-04-27 10:52:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: [Veritas-bu]Status 71...was: Volume Pools [recommendations please]
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:52:05 -0600
OK - I just tested this.

I built a policy with two NEW_STREAM directives, one stream with a real
file, the other with a dummy file.

I ran the policy and got an error 71 on the stream with the dummy file.
No surprise there.

I then excluded the dummy file using an exclude_list.<policy> file and
ran the backup again.  The stream with the dummy file still issued a 71.

So - even if you exclude the entire contents of the stream in the
exclude file, you still get an error 71 when you attempt it.  I,
frankly, expected this given how Netbackup implements the exclusion list
(it scans for the specified directories & files first, then applies the
exclusions).

I'd suggest what I suggested before, add a single dependable file, like
/etc/passwd, to the stream with the raw devices in it so it always has
one valid file, the others that are missing won't matter then.  You
won't even need the exclusion list if those raw devices don't exist on
that server.

-M