Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]

2006-04-26 13:14:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]
From: RMajor AT vericenter DOT com (Major, Rusty)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:14:24 -0500
Why is it bad practice? I don't understand the big deal about not separating
different retentions to different pools? If they all use the same pool, they
are separated automatically, you just can't 'see' it. If it's just for visual
peace of mind, then I understand.

In a shop where we have multiple sites with multiple customers (450+) who each
have at least one volume pool, it's becoming imperative to 'downsize' into much
fewer pools, and we will let multiple retentions go to the same pool (not to be
confused with mixing them on the same tape).

-Rusty