Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]

2006-04-26 02:59:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 07:59:01 +0100
Richard
Although recommended, Online Cat backups were originally designed for
Enterprise Backup Environments where there is no "window" to perform an
offline backup. In other words, it will work while normal backups are
running at the same time.
Also (I think I am write!), online catalog backups allow the use to span
more tapes, where an offline uses 1.

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-eads DOT net