Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

2006-04-21 01:24:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
From: cjmanders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:24:47 -0700
perhaps examine the output from:
bppllist <policy_in_question> -U -L

And, from the client, with logging set to 5
(bp.conf VERBOSE = 5)
the /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpbkar and bpcd log files.

It will give an indication of how it is choosing the paths to follow.

We use the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES (w/o cross mount points, as you say) in our
windows policies.

And locally (on each client) we set an include of:
*:\

This may get CDROMs as well, but may help your situation if the bppllist
shows that NBU is indeed only using the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive.

hth

--Chris