Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Server Replacement.

2006-04-21 00:41:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Server Replacement.
From: ttocco AT colltech DOT com (Anthony Tocco)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:41:33 -0500
Actually Tristan you should be able to do the following.  Ask Veritas
about it then let me know if you will.

Since 6.0 uses and EMM server you can have multiple Masters in the same
environment.
        I would build the new Master Server and Media server environment
using the existing EMM server and then migrate your Clients to the new
Servers the only thing is you will keep what aver server is currently
running the EMM server.

During the client transfer you should be able to use the update_client
command to update the BP.conf.

Let me know how it turns out what ever way you do it please.

Tony Tocco
ttocco AT colltech DOT com