Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Hardware compression not working

2006-04-18 12:43:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Hardware compression not working
From: jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com (Jack Forester, Jr.)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:43:31 -0400
Some drives can have the compression turned on by a drive setting so
that it uses compression, regardless.  Did any of your drive settings
change?

I agree with a previous poster in that you should do some kind of a test
to determine how much data is being written to a tape before it moves on
to a new tape.