Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Dissimilar System Restore for Linux?

2006-04-17 15:35:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Dissimilar System Restore for Linux?
From: brooksje AT longwood DOT edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:35:43 -0400
As previously posted, we've been testing our BMR implementation.  Our
focus thus far has been on our Linux servers.  On Friday, we attempted a
Dissimilar System Restore to mimic a hardware change.  I copied the
config and modified the host name, ip address and MAC address, saved the
config and did a Prepare to Restore.  What returned was a "Message
Catalog Error!".  Looking through the BMR System Administrator's Guide,
there is no information on DSR to Linux clients.  Is it supported?  Any
caveat emptors?  I've googled and searched the KB, but nada.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer