Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Adding robotic control HPUX 10.20

2006-04-10 11:22:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Adding robotic control HPUX 10.20
From: d_clooney AT yahoo DOT com (Clooney)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:22:11 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all

I seem to be having an issue and was wondering whether someone could shed some
light on using mknod to create the device file for a library using

HP-UX gbaheu02 B.10.20 A 9000/800

Netbackup 3.4 (i know , tucked away system no one knew about until it died)

output from ioscan -f

Class       I  H/W Path    Driver      S/W State   H/W Type     Description
bc          0              root        CLAIMED     BUS_NEXUS
bc          1  8           ccio        CLAIMED     BUS_NEXUS    I/O Adapter
bc          2  8/0         bc          CLAIMED     BUS_NEXUS    Bus Converter
tty         0  8/0/0       mux2        CLAIMED     INTERFACE    MUX
ext_bus     0  8/4         c720        CLAIMED     INTERFACE    GSC add-on
Fast/Wide SCSI Interface
target      0  8/4.6       tgt         CLAIMED     DEVICE
ctl         0  8/4.6.0     sctl        CLAIMED     DEVICE       Initiator
ba          0  8/8         GSCtoPCI    CLAIMED     BUS_NEXUS    PCI Bus Bridge
- GSCtoPCI
unknown    -1  8/8/1/0                 UNCLAIMED   UNKNOWN      PCI(103c1028)
-- Built-in #1
ba          1  8/16        bus_adapter CLAIMED     BUS_NEXUS    Core I/O
Adapter
ext_bus     2  8/16/0      CentIf      CLAIMED     INTERFACE    Built-in
Parallel Interface
ext_bus     1  8/16/5      c720        CLAIMED     INTERFACE    Built-in SCSI
target      1  8/16/5.2    tgt         CLAIMED     DEVICE
disk        0  8/16/5.2.0  sdisk       CLAIMED     DEVICE       HP      DVD-ROM
6x/32x
target      2  8/16/5.3    tgt         CLAIMED     DEVICE
tape        0  8/16/5.3.0  stape       CLAIMED     DEVICE       HP      C1537A
target      3  8/16/5.5    tgt         CLAIMED     DEVICE
disk        1  8/16/5.5.0  sdisk       CLAIMED     DEVICE       SEAGATE
ST318416N
target      4  8/16/5.6    tgt         CLAIMED     DEVICE
disk        2  8/16/5.6.0  sdisk       CLAIMED     DEVICE       SEAGATE
ST318416N
target      5  8/16/5.7    tgt         CLAIMED     DEVICE
ctl         1  8/16/5.7.0  sctl        CLAIMED     DEVICE       Initiator
lan         0  8/16/6      lan2        CLAIMED     INTERFACE    Built-in LAN
ps2         0  8/16/7      ps2         CLAIMED     INTERFACE    Built-in
Keyboard/Mouse
ba          2  8/20        bus_adapter CLAIMED     BUS_NEXUS    Core I/O
Adapter
tty         1  8/20/2      asio0       CLAIMED     INTERFACE    Built-in
RS-232C
ba          3  8/20/5      eisa        CLAIMED     BUS_NEXUS    EISA Bus
Adapter
bc          3  10          ccio        CLAIMED     BUS_NEXUS    I/O Adapter
processor   0  32          processor   CLAIMED     PROCESSOR    Processor
memory      0  49          memory      CLAIMED     MEMORY       Memory

Much appreciated

Dave