Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RMAN preferences

2006-04-07 12:26:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RMAN preferences
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:26:07 -0600
Depends on what degree of resolution you want.

My shop has a policy pair (hot/archive) per instance.  You could do this
extreme setup (hard to manage, IMO) or you could simplify to one policy,
one-schedule, for everything.

The reason to break it up is all the standard ones - ability to change storage
units, multiplexing, etc.  If you use one schedule for all, everything has the
same settings.

-M