Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running out of tapes

2006-04-04 15:21:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running out of tapes
From: mike.day AT inovis DOT com (Mike Day)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:21:46 -0700
I need to order some tapes but I want to account for all of the tapes I
have before hand.  I've got about 230 LTO-3 in my hand kept inventory
but when I run a media list  report from Netbackup it states I only have
120 tapes.

Anyone have a clue as to what happened to the other 130 tapes?  I know
they are either in the library or offsite but since the media report
does not list those 120 tapes I don't know if they are expired.  I
suppose I can assume so but I'd like to understand why they are not in
the media report first.

Mike Day
Systems Enginner