Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup on standalone drive only chooses one volume

2006-02-28 14:27:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup on standalone drive only chooses one volume
From: dlowenst AT mail.sdsu DOT edu (Dave Lowenstein)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:27:01 -0800
I am trying to get daily backups going on a standalone drive using nbu
datacenter 4.5 fp3.

After wading through the toils and troubles of getting ndmp backups to work
with a netapp I'm stuck at the last step: I want to have a volume pool of
say 10 tapes and have the standalone drive back up to any given tape that i
give it. It should back up to the monday tape on monday, and the offsite
tape when I want it to, etc.

I have two tapes that I labeled and put in the same volume pool. The policy
specifies this volume pool. Let's call the volumes vol01 and vol02.

I did all of my test backups and restores with vol01. Now when I try to run
a backup with the other volume (vol02) in the drive the job just sits and
waits for vol01.

Vol02 is not suspended, frozen, or full. It has just been labeled with
bplabel in the same way that vol01 was.

Is this a bug in 4.5 fp3?