Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 5.1 DSSU Relocations Failing

2006-02-28 14:12:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 5.1 DSSU Relocations Failing
From: bryer AT sfu DOT ca (Jeff Bryer)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:12:18 -0800
I have a problem with a new Disk Staging Storage Unit (DSSU) that I've
set up.  I'm running Sol 9, with NB 5.1 MP4 (MP3A originally).  I've
been using a DSSU unit successfully for the last 8 months or so.
That one is using a direct SCSI attached RAID array.  No problems
at all except that it is now too small.

We purchased an Xserve and Xraid.  I've NFS mounted the Xraid on to my
master server and configured a DSSU for it.  Backups work fine to it.
But it will not relocate to tape, either manually or from the schedule.
I saw there was a bug noted for MP3 so I upgraded to MP4 but that
didn't fix the problem.

I created another DSSU on local disk and that works fine.  My original test
DSSU which is using NFS mounted space from one of our Netapps works fine.
Any newly created DSSU's on the Xraid don't work.

The bpbrmds log shows:
  10:48:24.622 [14918] <2> ds_dup: ds_get_candidates() attempted 1000, failed,
returned 0
so it's not finding any images to duplicate.  Any ideas why it's failing on
that or
other logs to turn on that would help me figure out what's going wrong?  Thanks

--
Jeff Bryer                              bryer AT sfu DOT ca
Systems Administrator                   (604) 291-4935