Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] robtest poll

2006-02-27 05:55:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] robtest poll
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:55:15 +0000
I have not used it with NetBackup, however I have seen it used by other
applications against tape libraries.  It may in fact be the other way
round - the SCSI command set includes (for some but not all libraries) the
"init element status (with range)".  Robtest, being a generic utility, is
just implementing the command because it is there.

If you had higher-level software that partitioned a library (as opposed to
a library that does the partitioning and pretends to be several
libraries), I can see a use for this command to ensure you are only doing
the 'init element status' on the section of the library that you were
supposed to use.

William D L Brown

"David Chapa" <david.chapa AT adic DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
24-Feb-2006 17:37

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] robtest poll

Hello everyone...Iâ??m curious about a robtest command that has been there
as far back as I can remember (version 1.6).

Once you are in robtest the command is â??initrangeâ??

How many of you use initrange?  And if you do use it what do you use it
for?

Any Symantec (Veritas) input is welcomed as well.

Thanks very much,
David