Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2000/2003 Directives in Same Policy

2006-02-22 08:41:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2000/2003 Directives in Same Policy
From: brooksje AT longwood DOT edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:41:40 -0500
I'm trying to debug an issue that has cropped up recently with some of
our DMZ servers.  In particular, one Windows 2003 Server gave me an
error 71 last night, "none of the files in the file list exist".  So, I
looked at the policy, and I have the following directives set:

NEW_STREAM
ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
NEW_STREAM
System_State:\

The directive set for Windwos 2003 doesn't include System_State, but
instead Shadow_Copy_Components.  So, would the System_State blow this
up?

The policy is backing up both Win2K and Win2K3 boxes.  I thought I
remembered that System_State was safe with 2K3.  Wrong?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer