Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas NetBackup Oracle Module vs Oracle RMAN

2006-02-17 09:47:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas NetBackup Oracle Module vs Oracle RMAN
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:47:25 -0600
On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 04:23:09PM -0600, Michael F Lavelle wrote:
>         Where RMAN to tape is implemented, our DBAs still prefer to run
> both RMAN to disk, as well as RMAN to tape.

The approach we're in the middle of implementing here is to dedicate one
DSSU per database.  The DBAs then do their backups "to tape" but the
backups get staged on disk.  We've got enough DSSU space in the
database-specific volume to allow for a full recovery plus their archive
logs.  We did the individual DSSUs so that a special backup of one
database wouldn't impact the recovery of another.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org