Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question on upgrading NetBackup

2006-02-14 08:37:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question on upgrading NetBackup
From: jpiszcz.backup AT gmail DOT com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:37:24 -0500
------=_Part_22832_31536048.1139924244267

When upgrading NetBackup, you have three main components:

1) Master
2) Media
3) Client

What is the recommended way to upgrade these three components?

Master -> Media -> Client?

I believe in the 6.0 documentation it says the media servers should be up t=
the 6.0 revision first before upgrading the master server.

However, I am in the midst of a 4.5x -> 5.1x upgrade, any comments?

Justin.

------=_Part_22832_31536048.1139924244267

When upgrading NetBackup, you have three main components:<br><br>1) Master<=
e in the=20
6.0 documentation it says the media servers should be up to the 6.0 revisio=
n first before upgrading the master server.<br><br>However, I am in the mid=

------=_Part_22832_31536048.1139924244267--