Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade

2006-02-13 13:47:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade
From: kdeems AT parker DOT com (kdeems AT parker DOT com)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:47:42 -0500
I have a couple questions regarding a 4.5 FP6 to 5.1 MP4 upgrade on our AIX
5.1 master server.

Are new licence keys required?
Will I need to make any licence changes or additions during the upgrade
process? (I am not adding any new products).

One of the first steps of the 4.5 to 5.1 upgrade for an AIX master is to
remove the ovpass.  Once the 5.1 upgrade is complete and I recreate the
ovpass;  are the device configurations for the master and media server
destroyed?  Will I need to run the wizard to recreate all of the device
configurations?

Thanks

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of
conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete
the information from your system. Thank you for your cooperation."