Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Retention Schedules

2006-02-13 11:03:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Retention Schedules
From: JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:03:10 -0500
Incremental - Onsite - 2 Weeks
Full Weekly - Offsite 3 Months
Full Monthly - Offsite 1 year

Databases (including the above)
Full Weekly - Onsite 2 months

Email (including the above)
Full Monthly - Offsite 5 years

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Conner,
Mike
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 10:32 AM
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

I was just curious about retention schedules that everyone has out
there.  I know they vary according to what kinds of laws you have,
however, I was wondering about just any general backup.

We currently have the following:
Incrementals - 2 weeks
Full-weekly - 5 weeks
Full-monthly - 1 year
Full-yearly - 5 years

It looks like we are going to have to keep incrementals and
full-weekly's a year now.  I kind of think that is overkill, but was
wondering what everyone else thought.
Thanks
Mike