Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP oddity

2006-02-11 09:38:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP oddity
From: andersom68 AT yahoo DOT com (Michael Anderson)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 06:38:17 -0800 (PST)
Charles,

I have witnessed the same thing in my NDMP arena and
opened a case with Veritas that went all the way up to
engineering without resolution.  We determined the
cause but there is no fix at the moment and will need
to go into a MP.  They didn't feel that it would make
it into MP2 due in March so they are looking at MP3.

Here is my scenario:
NDMP storage unit for filers A, B, and C created
through the Windows GUI with appropriate filers as the
NDMP host.  After submitting the storage unit
openening filer B or C's properties through the GUI,
Filer A is listed as the NDMP host.  Essentially what
is happening is that the first NDMP Host will default
to the NDMP Host for all storage units after creation.
 The problem is with how the windows gui passes the
api call to the database.

Workaround:
delete storage units and recreate at the command line:

x:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpstuadd -label
<storage unit name> -density <tape density> -rt <robot
type, ie: tld> -rn <robot number> -odo <on demand only
0=no 1=yes> -nh <ndmp hostname> -M <mastername> -mfs
<fragment size> -cj <#drives>

Continue with creating all storage units.  bpstulist
to view and verify proper creation.  At this point do
not access storage units through the Windows GUI,
using the java gui or command line works just fine.

BTW:  My environment is 6.0MP1

Good Luck