Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Backups for Disaster Recovery

2006-02-10 09:48:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Backups for Disaster Recovery
From: brooksje AT longwood DOT edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:48:26 -0500
Sounds pretty close to my setup, except we don't use Veritas VR.
Another thing I mentioned is querying for running backup jobs.  I don't
recall seeing a Catalog Backup queuing before, but in my environment it
wouldn't.  I just wouldn't want my Catalog to start with a drive
occupied, or a disk staging backup occurring.  So, I'll have the extra
step in a script to do some level of a nbdbjobs to see what's happening.
But the output isn't pretty.

Jason