Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] MSSQL agent and dbbackex command

2006-02-07 01:12:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] MSSQL agent and dbbackex command
From: dean.deano AT gmail DOT com (Dean)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 17:12:58 +1100
------=_Part_15754_31806517.1139292778711

Hi veritas-bu'ers

I have a requirement to kick off SQL agent backups using a script, then
performing some other actions from the script after the backup completes.

The dbbackex command can be used to run one of these "batch files" to backu=
a SQL database.

Is there anyway to make the dbbackex wait for backup completion before it
returns control to the calling script?

I'm looking for something equivelant to the [ -w hh:mm:ss ] parameter of
bpbackup.

Many thanks.
Dean.

------=_Part_15754_31806517.1139292778711

n performing some other actions from the script after the backup completes.=
files&quot; to backup a SQL database.</div>
 it returns control to the calling script?</div>
of bpbackup.</div>

------=_Part_15754_31806517.1139292778711--