Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Backing up Solaris 10 Zones

2006-02-02 16:28:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Backing up Solaris 10 Zones
From: bryer AT sfu DOT ca (Jeff Bryer)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:28:39 -0800
We have a few Solaris 10 machines with zones and they backup fine.
Our zones are on local disk.  Are your zones on an NFS partition?
We run 5.1MP3 but Solaris 10 is supported on 5.0MP4 and up (for
Sparc client).  Have a look at the backup error logs, they might
say why it's not doing your zone partitions.  We didn't have
to change any settings in our policy to get it to work.

>Hello,
>
>       I have added 2 Solaris machines to a policy (System Backups) and
>this policy has been backing up "All_Local_drives" for several
machines running Solaris 9. The new machines are Solaris 10. Now the

--
Jeff Bryer                              bryer AT sfu DOT ca
Systems Administrator                   (604) 291-4935