Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BCV's on windows systems

2006-02-02 13:17:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BCV's on windows systems
From: shazari AT gmail DOT com (Shyam Hazari)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:17:18 -0500
------=_Part_14292_9199042.1138904238922

Any one using TimeFinder/BCV for windows systems ?  Here is the situation.

I have a Solaris Master/media server. I need to backup a CVS server(Windows=
)
and it connects to an Oracle database ( Unix). I am using notify scripts to
shutdown the CVS services. I do a database export after the shutdown. Here
is few questions.

1) WHere do you mount the BCV ?
2) What volume manager software you use ?
3) The database export is not linked to the shutting down CVS services. I a=
making guess and doing an export during the backup. Is there a way to pass =
command to shutdown database on Unix server using the WIndows servers Notif=
scripts ?  I am hoping I can achieve this using CygWin.

I currently Use BCV's for backing up Oracle databases on Unix but not on
Windows.

I would appreciate y'r insights.

Thanx

-Shyam

------=_Part_14292_9199042.1138904238922

ituation.</div>
er(Windows) and it connects to an Oracle database ( Unix). I am using notif=
y scripts to shutdown the CVS services. I do a database export after the sh=
utdown. Here is few questions.
. I am making guess and doing an export during the backup. Is there a way t=
o pass a command to shutdown database on Unix server using the WIndows serv=
ers Notify scripts ?&nbsp; I am hoping I can achieve this using CygWin.
 not on Windows.</div>

------=_Part_14292_9199042.1138904238922--