Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VxSS Install Requirements

2006-01-31 18:53:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VxSS Install Requirements
From: Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com (Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:53:15 -0800
--=_alternative 0083380388257107_=

All,

I am on NBU 5.1 MP3A in a Windows 2k3 environment, we are looking to
upgrade to 6.0 here in the near future, reading the documents for the
install / upgrade, it appears that VxSS needs to be installed and
configured prior to the upgrade to 6.0.

I have seen several strings on this forum that state the VxSS is nothing
but trouble to install, configure and keep working.  I would like to find
out a couple of things from the experts out there if possible,

1.  Does VxSS have to be installed prior to the upgrade to 6.0, if so what
benefits do I get from this, we are a relatively small NBU shop but I need
to know the impacts.

2.  If it is required is there a best practices guide that can walk me
through the install and configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Bally
Systems Engineer
RadiSys Corporation
www.radisys.com
steve.bally AT radisys DOT com
Desk: 503-615-1207
Cell: 503-970-6201

This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be
confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If
you are not a named recipient, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission (Email) in error, please notify me
immediately.
--=_alternative 0083380388257107_=

environment, we are looking to upgrade to 6.0 here in the near future,
reading the documents for the install / upgrade, it appears that VxSS needs
to be installed and configured prior to the upgrade to 6.0.</font>
forum that state the VxSS is nothing but trouble to install, configure
and keep working. &nbsp;I would like to find out a couple of things from
the experts out there if possible,</font>
prior to the upgrade to 6.0, if so what benefits do I get from this, we
are a relatively small NBU shop but I need to know the impacts.</font>
a best practices guide that can walk me through the install and
configuration?</font>
Steve Bally<br>
Systems Engineer<br>
RadiSys Corporation<br>
www.radisys.com<br>
steve.bally AT radisys DOT com<br>
Desk: 503-615-1207 <br>
Cell: 503-970-6201<br>
This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended
to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If you are not a named recipient,
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission
or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission (Email)
in error, please notify me immediately.</font>
--=_alternative 0083380388257107_=--