Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Examples of SSO vm.conf files

2006-01-28 14:58:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Examples of SSO vm.conf files
From: perf AT peppas DOT gr (Jim Peppas)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 21:58:30 +0200
Hi.

I think there is a mixup here. Do you want to share all drives or just split
half of the drives to each media server?

SSO drives have to have the same name....

If you want to share all drives  , you have to do the following:

1. Delete all Netbackup entries of all drives on all Master/media Servers.
2. Configure the drives on the first Media server (it might be the master,
no problem) using names that refer to the Library , not the server. The
simplest way is to run :

        /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -set_gdbhost <Master_server>
        /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -a

3. After you finish the configuration of the drives, by running a vmoprcmd
command on that server see entries like:

                                PENDING REQUESTS

                                      <NONE

                                   DRIVE STATUS

 Drv Type   Control  User      Label  RecMID  ExtMID  Ready   Wr.Enbl.
ReqId
   0 hcart2   TLD                -                     No       -       -
   1 hcart2   TLD                -                     No       -       -
   2 hcart2   TLD                -                     No       -       -
   3 hcart2   TLD                -                     No       -       -

                              ADDITIONAL DRIVE STATUS

 Drv DriveName            Shared    Assigned        Comment
   0 LIBA_LTO-1              No      -
   1 LIBA_LTO-2              No      -
   2 LIBA_LTO-3              No      -
   3 LIBA_LTO-4              No      -

4. From  the Java Admin.Console do the following (Note: If you have a Window
Admin Console, all this stuff is much easier, since the Windows Console
allows browsing for devices, while Java does not. In Java you have to know
the expact paths for the drives)

Run the Device Configuration Wizard (Recommended by Veritas). In the list
with the hosts there should be the first server. Add the rest of them. By
clicking throuout the rest of the wizard you should, at the end, have
automatically have all drives as shared on all servers. If you run vmoprcmd
again the "Shared" status should have changed from "No" to "Yes". Be sure to
have installed an SSO key on each of your servers involved before running
the wizard.

>From this point on you have to define storage units for each media server.
If you don't want servers to use all available drive, set the "Max
concurrent drives" option to the desired amount (If you have 4 drives and
want each server to use 2, put 2). This means that the servers will use 2
drives max (Note: not 2 specific drives, any 2 drives available).

It is also possible to run steps 1 and 4 only. You can try this first.
Usually, the only setback you have is that Netbackup gives the Drive names.
You have to change the names later on to your desired names. That why I run
usually configure the drives first on the robot controller and then run the
wizard

Sorry for being too detailed.

Regards,
Jim