Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup monitoring

2006-01-27 10:07:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup monitoring
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:07:12 -0500
--=_alternative 00530F2985257103_=

We also use Aptare.  Have been for two years.  Excellent for historical
reports and daily status.  The only time we use NBConsole is to
drill down for certain types of errors, such as to identify a media
problem.
=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Infrastructure Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

"Ambrose, Monte" <mambrose AT qualcomm DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
01/26/2006 04:28 PM

"Hindle, Greg" <Greg.Hindle AT constellation DOT com>,
<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc

Subject
RE: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup monitoring

Greg

We use Aptare Storage Console http://www.aptare.com/ and find it to be the
best monitoring tool on the market.  We did an extensive POC bakeoff with
(Symantec) CC Service, Bocada and Aptare.   Our NOC uses the command
center dashboard in the product to monitor all masters.  Feel free to
reply with your phone number if you want any details.

Monte