Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HP DL380 and Neo Overland 2200

2006-01-19 17:33:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HP DL380 and Neo Overland 2200
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:33:33 -0600
On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 10:32:29AM -0800, Dan Dobbs wrote:
> We're moving to a beefed-up HP DL380 soon, and I noticed that an
> external VHD port is standard issue. I'm led to believe that the
> external and internal scsi are on different channels, so could one
> conceivably plug the Neo into the back of the 380 w/o another accessory
> card?

I just asked one of my Windows admins and he says the internal SCSI
controller in a 380 uses one common bus for the internal drives and the
external connector.  He says our standard is that if we're going to
connect external devices, we add another SCSI controller.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org