Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HP DL380 and Neo Overland 2200

2006-01-19 16:42:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HP DL380 and Neo Overland 2200
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:42:35 +0000
I suggest you read the hardware manual to check that carefully.    It may
be on the bus with the CDROM, it may be LVD-SE and not U320.   Depends on
the tape drive you are pushing - fine for DLT8000, not so good for LTO3.

Also, some servers with RAID cards have an external port that you can only
use if you have all internal disks on the same bus, but most people split
the disks across buses.

There is sure to be a PDF on the HP site with all the information you
need.

William D L Brown

"Dan Dobbs" <DDobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
19-Jan-2006 18:32

Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] HP DL380 and Neo Overland 2200

Greetings, list.

We're currently running a Neo Overland on our HP-UX N-Class, with a
VHD-SCSI Ultra 320(?) card.

We're moving to a beefed-up HP DL380 soon, and I noticed that an
external VHD port is standard issue. I'm led to believe that the
external and internal scsi are on different channels, so could one
conceivably plug the Neo into the back of the 380 w/o another accessory
card?

Cheers, all.

-dd