Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Database backup scheduling with different retentions

2006-01-19 10:23:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Database backup scheduling with different retentions
From: austin.murphy AT gmail DOT com (Austin Murphy)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:23:28 -0500
Does anyone have any insight on how to do scheduled
weekly/monthly/yearly backups (with commensurate retention periods) of
an MSSQL or Oracle database with Netbackup?

I am running 5.1 MP3 on Solaris 9 and just found out that the database
policy schedules don't work the same way as the file policy schedules.

It has been pointed out to me that I could setup 3 Policies for
weekly/monthly/yearly backups, but this won't stop the weekly when a
monthly runs.  Nor will the monthly (or weekly) be suspended when the
yearly is run.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful to hear them.  Thanks.

Austin Murphy