Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: backup NT4 client using netbackupv6.0

2006-01-16 15:59:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: backup NT4 client using netbackupv6.0
From: Richard.Mickle AT mwrms.rrd DOT com (Richard.Mickle AT mwrms.rrd DOT com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:59:49 -0600
--=_alternative 00735696862570F8_=

Ya, I know.  That's why I have the SCO servers in the first place.  After
working in this field for 13 years, I have run across several such
applications, both home grown and purchased.

My point was that 3.4 clients are no longer supported when you move to
NetBackup 5.0 or above.  And with upgrading to NetBackup 5.1, the 3.4
clients for SCO OpenServer no longer work correctly and there is no
support to get them working correctly.  As I said, if you can, test every
platform in a test environment before upgrading.  You want to know the
issues before you get there, if you can.

Unfortunately, I do not have a test environment.  So, my testing had to be
done after the fact.  I had already looked at what to do if the backups
did not work at all.  At least I can back them up and get the info back if
necessary.  Even if it means jumping through hoops.

Richard Mickle
UNIX Systems and Storage Administrator
Moore Wallace Response Marketing Services
An RR Donnelley Company
E-Mail:         Richard.Mickle AT mwrms.rrd DOT com
Phone:        920-339-1695
Cell Phone: 920-366-1987
Fax:             920-339-1807

"Jim Peppas" <perf AT peppas DOT gr>